|The first ward map of St James's|
London, 1720. The first ward map of St James's, published in Strype's updated edition of 'Stow's Survey of London', first published in 1598 without maps. Many buildings are shown in profile, including St James's Palace and Burlington House. Streets shown include Pall Mall, Wardour Street, Piccadilly, Great Malborough Street and Oxford Street (here called Tiborn Road).